Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Hubbard Chris Hubbard is offline

Default What happened to the Template Wizards?

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of the 03
templates are gone from the directory including the Fax wizard and the Letter
Wizard. What happened to these and how can I retrive them? I looked at the
downloads and found a bunch of useless templates with flowers and ponies but
no actual business use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
muffet muffet is offline

-- Hi Chris,

I have only just seen your request for templates:

I also wondered where they had gone; But found then he-
If you go to M/S word doc.: click on file: then click on new, you should get
a list appear on the right of your screen. Click on "On my computer" and if
you are lucky you should find what you are looking for.

Regards muffet.

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of the 03
templates are gone from the directory including the Fax wizard and the Letter
Wizard. What happened to these and how can I retrive them? I looked at the
downloads and found a bunch of useless templates with flowers and ponies but
no actual business use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Hubbard Chris Hubbard is offline

Yes, I looked there. In Office 03 we had 10 tabs of files available for
tempaltes. With 07 there is only 1 tab per program and the wizards, Letter,
Fax Newsletter are gone. It also appeared to remove them from office 03.
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of the 03
templates are gone from the directory including the Fax wizard and the Letter
Wizard. What happened to these and how can I retrive them? I looked at the
downloads and found a bunch of useless templates with flowers and ponies but
no actual business use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The templates folder (for personal templates) is defined for each Word
application in its file locations option User templates. Both work in
exactly the same way in that sub folders will appear as tabs.
Both however have a different way of handling the *resident* templates. In
Word 2003 they are installed by request, in 2007 they are ever present.
In Word 2007 you can access your personal templates from Open My
Templates.
Recent templates are placed on the recent templates area.

Chris Hubbard wrote:
Yes, I looked there. In Office 03 we had 10 tabs of files available
for templates. With 07 there is only 1 tab per program and the

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of
the 03 templates are gone from the directory including the Fax
wizard and the Letter Wizard. What happened to these and how can I
retrive them? I looked at the downloads and found a bunch of
useless templates with flowers and ponies but no actual business
use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Hubbard Chris Hubbard is offline

They are not there. I have also searched the drive and all 03 templates
appear to be gone.

Also there were tools in the tools menu to re-run the letter wizard and the
fax wizard. Why did they get rid of this. My Fax and letter template have
the fields already defined ready to go and they sit blank now.
When I try to get new templates all I get are ones posted on the website
which are mostly useless.

Nobody from MS to answer this
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of
the 03 templates are gone from the directory including the Fax
wizard and the Letter Wizard. What happened to these and how can I
retrive them? I looked at the downloads and found a bunch of
useless templates with flowers and ponies but no actual business
use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

When you go to File New (Alt+F,N) do you not have a choice 'Installed
Templates'?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of
the 03 templates are gone from the directory including the Fax
wizard and the Letter Wizard. What happened to these and how can I
retrive them? I looked at the downloads and found a bunch of
useless templates with flowers and ponies but no actual business
use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Hubbard Chris Hubbard is offline

Yes,

But nothing of any use is there. What happened to all of the usefull word
templates. Fax and letter wizard. There were many usefull templates that
shipped with office since 97 and they all appear to have been replaced with
fluff. Urban Fax, give me a break.
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of
the 03 templates are gone from the directory including the Fax
wizard and the Letter Wizard. What happened to these and how can I
retrive them? I looked at the downloads and found a bunch of
useless templates with flowers and ponies but no actual business
use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you never modified the earlier templates or moved them to another folder
they were never installed as user templates and so don't make it past the
upgrade. If you install Word 2003 you can copy the templates and wizards
into the Word 2007 template user folder and they will be available to Word
2007.

I cannot say that I found any of the earlier standard templates useful
without modification and such modification would have saved them in the user
templates folder and they would still be available.

It shouldn't be very difficult to recreate a working template from a letter
(or other document) - see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm - should you wish to
retain the same style of presentation.

Microsoft does not monitor this user peer group forum or answer user's
questions here.

"Chris Hubbard" wrote:

I am trying to write a letter in Word and discovered that all of
the 03 templates are gone from the directory including the Fax
wizard and the Letter Wizard. What happened to these and how can
I retrive them? I looked at the downloads and found a bunch of
useless templates with flowers and ponies but no actual business
use letters.

What give
--
Chris Hubbard
Quarry Group Inc.

Template Wizards [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 November 11th 05 07:39 PM
Wizards Abraham Pareja Microsoft Word Help 6 November 7th 05 11:40 PM
What's happened to my old template files? Joe Delaney Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:09 PM
Templates/ Wizards. Faust Page Layout 4 January 11th 05 08:42 AM
Templates and Wizards RKL333 Page Layout 2 December 15th 04 08:18 PM