Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thornton Cheechoo Thornton Cheechoo is offline

Default Match Destination Formatting

I often cut and paste from other applications into MS Word (Office 2003). By
default, Word preserves the source formatting. I know how to then
change/match the formatting to the destination (i.e., my Word document) but
it is a pain to always have to do this manually. Is there a way that I can
set Word to automatically match the destination formatting by default? I'd
be much obliged if anyone could supply me with this information. I've seen
the suggestions to record macros, but is there a way to set Destination
Formatting as the default paste option? Thanks. By the way, if there is no
such way to do that, I think that Microsoft ought to consider that for future
upgrades/versions of Word/Office.

Sincerely,

Thornton Cheechoo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can choose Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted Text. I recorded a macro
to do this and assigned it to Ctrl+Shift+V.

You'll be happy to know that the option want (to match the destination) has
been added to Word 2007.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thornton Cheechoo Thornton Cheechoo is offline

Thanks Herb, though I'm not sure I know how to record a macro, though I like
your suggestion (Ctrl+Shift+V). Put it this way, I've never recorded a macro
before. I hate to complicate and belabor things for you, but if I could
trouble you for the steps to create such a macro, I'd be ever so indebted to
you. Also, would there be a way to create a toolbar button in addition to
the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+V)? Thanks.

Also, glad to know that Microsoft has included 'Match Destination
Formatting' as an option in Word 2007!

Appreciatively,

Thornton Cheechoo