Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fgwiii fgwiii is offline

Default Grayed fields in Word 2002

Hello,

I am working in Word 2002 and the document I am working on has a Table Of
Contents as well as embedded documents. The TOC as well as the embedded docs
all have a light gray shading to them and I am trying to turn of the feature
that is causing this.

I know that it can be turned off because I have sent this doc to others and
their word does not show any gray shading.

Thank,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

fgwiii wrote:
Hello,

I am working in Word 2002 and the document I am working on has a
Table Of Contents as well as embedded documents. The TOC as well as
the embedded docs all have a light gray shading to them and I am
trying to turn of the feature that is causing this.

I know that it can be turned off because I have sent this doc to
others and their word does not show any gray shading.

Thank,

Fred

In Tools Options View, set the Field Shading dropdown to "When selected"
or "Never".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman