Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ka_kirk ka_kirk is offline

Default word 97 vs. word 2003

A prospective employer wants a resume that can be opened/viewed in MS Word 97
(yikes). I have Word 2003. Can an earlier version of word open a document
created in a later version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Danny is offline

Open up your resume file, do a Save As.
In the Save as type drop down box there is an option to save it as a 97 file.

"ka_kirk" wrote:

A prospective employer wants a resume that can be opened/viewed in MS Word 97
(yikes). I have Word 2003. Can an earlier version of word open a document
created in a later version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Not in Word 2003! Word 97 should be able to open files created in Word 2003,
however you can set the compatibility options (tools options
compatibility) and or save it as RTF which any Word version can open.

"ka_kirk" wrote:

A prospective employer wants a resume that can be opened/viewed in
MS Word 97 (yikes). I have Word 2003. Can an earlier version of
word open a document created in a later version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I'd have a few reservations about working for a company whose productivity
software is that old. They'd have to have some terrific benefits. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]