Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
London Imp London Imp is offline

Default Links in a protected Word document......

I am trying to create a form which is protected for form filling only,
however every time I protect it the web links I have taken ages to insert
seem to be disabled.

1 - Is there a reason for this?

&

2 - Is there any way to enable them?

Thanks in anticipation
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
London Imp[_2_] London Imp[_2_] is offline

Thanks Stefan

I am using Word 2007 and the links are fine when the docx is saved, but when
I save it for compatibility with 97-2003 the links disable themselves. I
have followed your excellent advice and guidelines but it still isn't working
!

I am trying to run the hyperlink from a picture (button like), could this be
causing the problem?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/HLinksInForms.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"London Imp" London wrote in message
I am trying to create a form which is protected for form filling only,
however every time I protect it the web links I have taken ages to insert
seem to be disabled.

1 - Is there a reason for this?

&

2 - Is there any way to enable them?

Thanks in anticipation

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The article was written for earlier versions of Word, so it should
definitely work there...

You did remember to save the macros in a file format that supports macros, I
hope? Word 2007 introduced macro-free file formats (*.docx, *.dotx).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news