Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tantalus

Default backspace will not delete highlighted text anymore. Why?

Whenever I highlight text in word, Outlook etc, I could always delete
highlighted text using the backspace key. NOW, however, almost over night,
that ability has been removed. All that happens is the cursor moves to the
beginning of the highlighted text.

Not a major problem, but damned inconvenient.

Any help would be hot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

ToolsOptions, Edit tab. Check the "Typing replaces selection" option
and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tantalus" wrote in message
Whenever I highlight text in word, Outlook etc, I could always

delete
highlighted text using the backspace key. NOW, however, almost over

night,
that ability has been removed. All that happens is the cursor moves

to the
beginning of the highlighted text.

Not a major problem, but damned inconvenient.

Any help would be hot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tantalus

GREAT! Thanks so much - Not the biggest problem in the world, but it has
caused me a problem or two - but fixed now,

Thanks again

"Tantalus" wrote in message
Whenever I highlight text in word, Outlook etc, I could always

delete
highlighted text using the backspace key. NOW, however, almost over

night,
that ability has been removed. All that happens is the cursor moves

to the
beginning of the highlighted text.

Not a major problem, but damned inconvenient.

Any help would be hot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Glad I could help.