Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Custom Menus and Toolbars

have created three new menus:

Forms
Form 1
Form 2
Form 3

Shortcuts
Shortcut 1
Shortcut 2
Shortcut 3

DB
DB 1
DB 2
DB 3

Each of these items is a macro that opens the document or performs a
function. I have gone to Tools/Customize and have dragged the macros to the
appropriate menu. When I get out of Word and then reenter it the menus have
all been scrambled. Usually one of the menus is completely blank and, for
instance, the Shortcuts are on the DB menu or the Forms are on the Shortcut
menu. I have repeatedly fixed the menus but it messes up every time. Does
anyone have any ideas why it is doing this? I have also created a custom
toolbar. Many times, the tool bar is not visible and I have to go in and
make it visible. How can I make all of these items stay put? In case this
has some bearing on the situation, I have changed the registry to €śprevent
the add-in from loading, edit the Windows registry. Locate the
key[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\ Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin] and changed the subkey called "LoadBehavior" from a value of 3 to 0.€ť

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The registry hack that you have mentioned is only required with early
versions of Acrobat 7 (which itself can be updated). There are better ways
of preventing the Acrobat add-in from loading for other versions -
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm
However while the add-in's desire to write to your menu structure is
probably the reason for the problems, you might get away with opening
normal.dot in Word. Make the required menu changes then type a character in
the text space and delete it. Then save normal.dot.