Dinger188

Default Background

Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I can add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3 different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different parts of the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?
Daiya Mitchell

You can try using Shading on various parts of your document. Select text,
and access via Format | Borders and Shading, Shading. Experiment until you
are satisfied.

I would suggest practicing on a copy, just so that you don't have to worry
about undoing.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Tony Jollans

The basic answer is no, the background applies to the whole document. As
it's only really relevant to web pages, what effect is it that you actually
want to achieve?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Dinger188" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I can

add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3

different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different parts of

the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?

Dinger188

The effect I am trying to achieve is a light yellow background and a light
blue background. I am placing a company manual on the computer and 2 sections
have colored pages. I just want to make it an exact duplicate.

"Dinger188" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I can

add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3

different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different parts of

the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?

Dinger188

This document will not be printed. It will be on a computer only for
reference. That's why I was looking for the different colored background. So
if I read the replies correctly, it can't be done, correct?

"Dinger188" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I

can
add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3
different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different parts

of
the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?

Daiya Mitchell

Did you read my reply about trying Format | Borders and Shading?

You can't do it using the Background feature. You might be able to use some
other approach to get the colored background.

Another idea would be a text box filled with color. Depends on what you are
trying to mimic?

Another idea would be section breaks and anchoring a rectangle of color in
the background, similar to a watermark.

"Dinger188" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I

can
add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3
different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different parts

of
the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

The easiest way is just to create a filled rectangle AutoShape the size of
the page, anchored to a paragraph on the page, with wrapping set to Behind
Text.

.. .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Given that you won't be able to print the color all the way to the

edge,
anyway, you'd do better to use colored paper and save your ink.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dinger188" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different background colors in 1 document? I
can
add a
background color, but it adds it to the entire document, I need 3
different
colors (normal white, light yellow and light blue) in different

parts
of
the
document. If this can be done, how do I do it?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/