Posted to microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Matthias Mernsen Matthias Mernsen is offline

Default Why Doc "should be opened as read-only unless changes to it need to be saved" ?

When I open occasionally Word docs with Word 2003 then a popup appears informing me:

"D:\...\myLetter.doc should be opened as read-only unless changes to it need to be saved. Open as read-only ?"

Why does Word 2003 detect changes? I have just opened the doc without applying any changes.

Even if I save the doc again and re-open it the popup appears again.

Could it be the result of the tool "Remove Hidden Data" which I applied previously ?

Is there a way to permanently disable this notification ?

Matthias

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark L. Ferguson Mark L. Ferguson is offline

Default Why Doc "should be opened as read-only unless changes to it need t

On the Word Tools menu, click Options.
Click Security.
De-select the Read-only recommended check box, and then click OK.
Click Save.
--
Mark L. Ferguson