Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stylecrazy Stylecrazy is offline

Default How do I turn off the automated update of styles?

I am using Word 2003. I can't find any tip in Microsoft Office that has
worked to turn off the automated formatting of a whole document when all I
really want to reformat is a word or some selected text.
Example, when I am typing a word that I want bolded and underlined, after I
have typed it, I highlight it and bold it, and the whole document changes to
bold! So I use the edit menu and Undo the automatic update of styles, which
changes the document back to its original, while keeping the word or text in
the new style. It is an extra step I don't need. How can I keep from
changing the whole document look when all I want to change is one word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Stylecrazy" wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I can't find any tip in Microsoft Office that has
worked to turn off the automated formatting of a whole document when all I
really want to reformat is a word or some selected text.
Example, when I am typing a word that I want bolded and underlined, after I
have typed it, I highlight it and bold it, and the whole document changes to
bold! So I use the edit menu and Undo the automatic update of styles, which
changes the document back to its original, while keeping the word or text in
the new style. It is an extra step I don't need. How can I keep from
changing the whole document look when all I want to change is one word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stylecrazy Stylecrazy is offline

Thank you. I will try it. I think Word 2002 is a European version of Word or
a version for an Apple Macintosh, is that correct? I only know Word 2000 and
Word 2003 for the PC. I will let you know if it works, before I check that
my question has been answered. Yours is the first answer that really shows
you understand the problem exactly. I'll write back soon.
Stylecrazy in America

Style

"Stylecrazy" wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I can't find any tip in Microsoft Office that has
worked to turn off the automated formatting of a whole document when all I
really want to reformat is a word or some selected text.
Example, when I am typing a word that I want bolded and underlined, after I
have typed it, I highlight it and bold it, and the whole document changes to
bold! So I use the edit menu and Undo the automatic update of styles, which
changes the document back to its original, while keeping the word or text in
the new style. It is an extra step I don't need. How can I keep from
changing the whole document look when all I want to change is one word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2002 is an interim version between 2000 and 2003 packaged with Office
XP and the Works suite.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

See:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word