Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NealJH

Default Special Character "Less Than" symbol

I can type any special character in word except the "less than" symbol. As
soon as i type in once and try a second time, it automatically erases itself
or just shows a white space like the space bar was just pressed. I have
tried another PS/2 keyboard, a USB Keyboard and have updated office and
windows 2000 Pro. Everything else works fine.

Any Suggestions

NJH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It looks to me like the action of an AutoCorrect entry. Check to see if you
have something that replaces with a space. (Although AC shouldn't kick in
until you press a space or punctuation.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"NealJH" wrote in message
news
I can type any special character in word except the "less than" symbol. As
soon as i type in once and try a second time, it automatically erases
itself
or just shows a white space like the space bar was just pressed. I have
tried another PS/2 keyboard, a USB Keyboard and have updated office and
windows 2000 Pro. Everything else works fine.

Any Suggestions

NJH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NealJH

Thanks for the info. I did find where the was being replaced with a 'space'
when typing more that one 'less than' symbol. I deleted the entry and
everything works just fine.

Again, thanks for the help

NJH

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

It looks to me like the action of an AutoCorrect entry. Check to see if you
have something that replaces with a space. (Although AC shouldn't kick in
until you press a space or punctuation.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news