Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jhonny asary Jhonny asary is offline

Default my page numbers keep moving from center to left side?

I cant get my page numbers in the center of my document, every time I save it
it changes to the left side??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like the underlying styles are automatically updating.

Choose Tools - Templates and Add-ins, and see if Automatically update
document styles is checked. If it is, then click to remove the check, then
click OK. Back in the document, fix the page numbers (if necessary), and
they should stay put the next time the document is opened.

A better solution, of course, would be to redefine the style that's used to
format the page numbers so that you don't have to rely on direct formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Jhonny asary" wrote in message
I cant get my page numbers in the center of my document, every time I save
it
it changes to the left side??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jhonny asary Jhonny asary is offline

Thank you Herb, but it was all not checked, I notice the change happens if I
need to justify the document.
On the other hand, how can I redefine the style that's used to format the
page numbers ?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

It sounds like the underlying styles are automatically updating.

Choose Tools - Templates and Add-ins, and see if Automatically update
document styles is checked. If it is, then click to remove the check, then
click OK. Back in the document, fix the page numbers (if necessary), and
they should stay put the next time the document is opened.

A better solution, of course, would be to redefine the style that's used to
format the page numbers so that you don't have to rely on direct formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Jhonny asary" wrote in message
I cant get my page numbers in the center of my document, every time I save
it
it changes to the left side??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How did you insert numbering? Via Insert | Page Numbers? Or directly
in the footer (or header)? If the latter, the used style is Footer (or
Header), which is based on the Normal style, which could be set to
automatically update (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...edcontent.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Asary Asary is offline

Thank you Stefan and Herb

Thanks for your help! This site is awesome, and looking forward to reading
more helpful hints as I'm not a "Word" expert. By the way through this site I
learned how to fix my tables. Great.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome. I guess the linked article was helpful?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP