Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CW CW is offline

Default Cannot see/edit all of lengthy field codes in table cells

Some of the mergefields in my table cells are quite lengthy.
When I am in View Field Codes mode (ALT+F9) many of them are only partially
visible and I cannot use the cursor to move in and edit them. Zooming the
whole document doesn't help. Is there something like the Shift+F2 facility in
Access that enables you to expand the contents of a cell or a field so that
they are fully visible??
Many thanks
CW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Presumably the row has a fixed height specified? In the Table Properties
dialog box (Row tab), clear the "Specify height" box, and you should be able
to see all of the field code.

Alternatively, you can cut and paste the field, change it as needed, and
then paste it back into the cell.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP