Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
vwalleycat3 vwalleycat3 is offline

Default how to keep my resume format

When I try to download or copy and past my resume on job site on the web, I
always lose my format. I do not want to post it in text only format. I have
type my resume in word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"vwalleycat3" wrote in message
When I try to download or copy and past my resume on job site on the web,
always lose my format. I do not want to post it in text only format. I
have
type my resume in word 2007.

Well unless the site specifically states that you can upload in Word format,
I suspect you will have to live with it....CV sites in my experience show as
text. (Not everyone has Word.......)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

vwalleycat3,
Have you consider first saving the completed resume, in *.PDF file format?
Then posting it to a job site.

There are several free applications out there, I personally use CutePDF
Writer.
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Gordon" wrote in message
"vwalleycat3" wrote in message
When I try to download or copy and past my resume on job site on the web,
always lose my format. I do not want to post it in text only format. I
have
type my resume in word 2007.

Well unless the site specifically states that you can upload in Word format,
I suspect you will have to live with it....CV sites in my experience show as
text. (Not everyone has Word.......)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
vwalleycat3,
Have you consider first saving the completed resume, in *.PDF file format?
Then posting it to a job site.

Most jobsites in my experience have a "box" to paste the resume text into -
I think that's because it goes into a searchable database field. I don't
think a PDF would help...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There's not a whole lot you can do. I would strongly recommend three things:
1. Save your resume in a Word 97-2003 format.
2. Have a .pdf version ready, just in case.
3. Have a text version of your resume.

Most career sites are not set up to accept Word 2007 files yet. A lot want
you to download so it can populate fields for you (that's where you're
losing your formatting) so the text version will help there. The .pdf file
is nice to send so the recipient can't tweak your resume. You are limited by
the recipient's preferences tho. Send them anything else and you might as
well not waste your time. The job market is tough so you need to follow
their rules.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"vwalleycat3" wrote in message
When I try to download or copy and past my resume on job site on the web,
always lose my format. I do not want to post it in text only format. I
have
type my resume in word 2007.

Hendry_Budiman Hendry_Budiman is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwalleycat3 View Post
When I try to download or copy and past my resume on job site on the web, I
always lose my format. I do not want to post it in text only format. I have
type my resume in word 2007.
Friend, You must see what company format need for resume in job site.
Actually company want format like .pdf ; .doc ;.txt ; .jpg ; .jpeg
So you must see after you know format which need by company , you can save in your resume in format which company need.
and for download, please install software which can support to open their format.