Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default Switch off paragraph indent

Word 2007. Can someone point me to where I turn off this irritating
"feature" whereby if I want to indent a line the whole paragraph indents?
(Why this should be ON by default beats me....)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Gordon" wrote in message
Word 2007. Can someone point me to where I turn off this irritating
"feature" whereby if I want to indent a line the whole paragraph indents?
(Why this should be ON by default beats me....)

Thanks

Found it (at last....) Word Options-Proofing-Autocorrect Options-Autoformat
as you type tab. Uncheck "Set first and left indent........"
Not very obvious, I have to say

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rama Rama is offline

"Gordon" wrote:

Word 2007. Can someone point me to where I turn off this irritating
"feature" whereby if I want to indent a line the whole paragraph indents?
(Why this should be ON by default beats me....)

Thanks

I am also facing the same problem. when formatting it is chaining in tables also. please help me.

advance thanks for all of you.
Rama Krishna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat
As You Type: "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces." But note
that you should be using a first-line indent rather than a tab character to
indent the first line.

"Rama" wrote in message

"Gordon" wrote:

Word 2007. Can someone point me to where I turn off this irritating
"feature" whereby if I want to indent a line the whole paragraph indents?
(Why this should be ON by default beats me....)

Thanks

I am also facing the same problem. when formatting it is chaining in
tables also. please help me.

advance thanks for all of you.
Rama Krishna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

But note that you should be using a first-line indent rather than a tab
character to indent the first line.

How do you do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The easiest way is to drag it on the ruler (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm), but you can also set
a first-line indent in the Format | Paragraph dialog (Special).

paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 September 14th 05 10:04 AM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM
Indent the beginning of a paragraph using tab key Kathy Page Layout 2 July 6th 05 03:27 PM
How do I indent a paragraph from both right and left? jbw Microsoft Word Help 1 February 6th 05 12:24 AM