Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB

Default Comments Feature

In Word 2003 when I add comments to a document and then save the document to
htm/html and publish the document to our Intranet the comments are displayed
in the newly published document. If I worked the same scenario in Word 97,
the comments were not displayed when I saved as htm/html and published the
document to our Intranet. Is there a way, other than going back to every
individual document and deleting the comments, to hide the comments?
--
Mandy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TUI=?=,

In Word 2003 when I add comments to a document and then save the document to
htm/html and publish the document to our Intranet the comments are displayed
in the newly published document. If I worked the same scenario in Word 97,
the comments were not displayed when I saved as htm/html and published the
document to our Intranet. Is there a way, other than going back to every
individual document and deleting the comments, to hide the comments?

You'll need to go into Tools/Options/General and see if anything in the "Web
options" does what you need.

You can also download and use the HTML filter tool from Microsoft (I think it's
a Word 2000 download) to set the level of filtering. Some level or other should
strip out things of this nature, so that you get a result similar to what you
had in Word 97. (Since Word 2000, word provides a "round-trip" HTML format, by
default.)

I think there's also a tool available for d/l from Microsoft to strip out all
"markup" information when saving a document (although I could be
mis-remembering what that tool actually does).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)