Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Wannabewordwiz Wannabewordwiz is offline

Default Editing long list format & repeating list text as headings

I have two issues which are sort of interlinked so I will list them together.

The first is to do with numbered list formatting.

I have an outline numbered list in the following format:
1. Summary
(a) Division
(b) xxxx

The a, b, c continues past z and in word automatically becomes aa, bb, cc
but we want it to be aa, ab, ac. Is this possible?

Additionally, is there a code to include in the style or something which
will automatically repeat the primary heading (ie 1. Summary) and/or the
second level heading if appropriate (ie (a) Division) where the item
continues over 1 page?

I do have styles attached to the list - ie 1. Summary has a style attached
to it and (a) Division has a style attached to it which follows the first
numbered style automatically.

Does this make any sense?

So, basically I have a very long list - I need the second and all following
pages to have 1. Summary (cont'd) printed on the them and if appropriate (a)
Division (cont'd) if the text under Division runs over a pagebreak.

I hope someone can help me.