Dawn

Default Where did my headers/footers go to?

I am working in page layout view and have tried everything (in my power) to
view my headers/footers.
Nothing works. Also the craziest thing happens when viewing footnotes -
there are two page numbers one over the other preceeding the footnote
hrizontal line. This is driving me crazy. Any ideas??

Richard Neville

Don't know what to do about the invisible headers (assume you tried View -
Header and Footer), but can help with the page numbers. It appears that
"Insert page number" commands have been issued twice. To get rid of one of
them, click on one of the numbers until a border with slashes appears around
the number. Click on the border and hit Delete.

Take a look at Print Preview also and see if the headers are there.