Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] saraqpost@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help! Cannot figure out how to edit a field on a form - Word 2007

I must confess, I just HATE Office 2007. I can't find anything and
sometimes Help doesn't even open.

That said, I created a form and today found one field (a text field) I
need to enlarge. I have no idea how to do this and I've spent the
past 40 minutes looking at every menu and trying to find the answer in
this group or in Help.

So HELP!~!

Thanks -
Sara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] saraqpost@yahoo.com is offline

On May 15, 11:56*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Enlarge how?

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

wrote in message

I must confess, I just HATE Office 2007. *I can't find anything and
sometimes Help doesn't even open.

That said, I created a form and today found one field (a text field) I
need to enlarge. *I have no idea how to do this and I've spent the
past 40 minutes looking at every menu and trying to find the answer in
this group or in Help.

So HELP!~!

Thanks -
Sara- Hide quoted text -

Allow more characters in the text box. It's probably at 50 and I
want 200 or 250 if I can. It's for a comment field.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

was telling us:
nous racontait que :

wrote in message

I must confess, I just HATE Office 2007. I can't find anything and
sometimes Help doesn't even open.

That said, I created a form and today found one field (a text
field) I need to enlarge. I have no idea how to do this and I've
spent the past 40 minutes looking at every menu and trying to find
the answer in this group or in Help.

So HELP!~!

Thanks -
Sara- Hide quoted text -

Allow more characters in the text box. It's probably at 50 and I
want 200 or 250 if I can. It's for a comment field.

By default, when you create a text field, it is set to a value of
"Unlimited"... How was it changed to about 50?

1) Right click the text field.
2) Select "Properties"
3) Apply the number you desire in the "Maximum Length:" value, or set it to
"Unlimited."
4) Click OK.

If you want to limit the available space, the best method is to place the
text field in a table row and set the table row to an exact height value.

This way, you do not have to worry about the exact number of characters.
Indeed, the same number of characters, depending on the font used, may
occupy very different area on the page.

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] saraqpost@yahoo.com is offline

On May 16, 9:06*pm, "Jean-Guy Marcil"
wrote:
was telling us:
nous racontait que :

wrote in message

[...]

Montreal, Canada- Hide quoted text -

Properties is grayed out. And best I can tell, there is no protection
on the form. The older versions of Word, you could "lock" the form.
I can't figure out if I did that on this one - I can't find that
feature in Help, though I may have found it and enabled it when I
built the form.

Thanks
Sara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

was telling us:
nous racontait que :

On May 16, 9:06 pm, "Jean-Guy Marcil"
wrote:
was telling us:
nous racontait que :

wrote in message

[...]

Please, describe how you created those fields.

--
Jean-Guy Marcil