Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR JR is offline

Default Convert Word 2007 file to a 2003

I have attached a Word 2007 file to an e-mail, and received a message from
the recipient that they couldn't open it because they still have Word 2003.
How do I convert my document to a 2003 file so that I can resend it, and the
recipient can open it?
--
JR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

File - Save As - change your file type to Word 97-2003 format

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
"JR" wrote in message
I have attached a Word 2007 file to an e-mail, and received a message from
the recipient that they couldn't open it because they still have Word
2003.
How do I convert my document to a 2003 file so that I can resend it, and
the
recipient can open it?
--
JR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judy M[_2_] Judy M[_2_] is offline

I want to do the reverse, I have rcd Windows Mail with Word doc 97 attached
and it won't open. How do I convert the attachment to Word 2007 so I can
read it?
Judy M

"JR" wrote:

I have attached a Word 2007 file to an e-mail, and received a message from
the recipient that they couldn't open it because they still have Word 2003.
How do I convert my document to a 2003 file so that I can resend it, and the
recipient can open it?
--
JR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 will open Word doc format and save as Word 97-2003 without any
major effort on your behalf - however see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849/en-us
Save the attachment to your hard drive and open it from Word.

"JR" wrote:

I have attached a Word 2007 file to an e-mail, and received a
message from the recipient that they couldn't open it because they
still have Word 2003. How do I convert my document to a 2003 file so
that I can resend it, and the recipient can open it?
--
JR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fsevin fsevin is offline

"JR" wrote:

I have attached a Word 2007 file to an e-mail, and received a message from
the recipient that they couldn't open it because they still have Word 2003.
How do I convert my document to a 2003 file so that I can resend it, and the
recipient can open it?
--
JR

I clicked on the f12 went down to the third option I do not have 97/2003
document. I have single file web page. I still cant convert my 2007
document into 2003 formant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Did you try Save As and change the file type?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]