Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] thanson@hunterscreek.net is offline

Default Hyperlinking In MSWord 2003

I was wondering if the following was possible.

I have a 50 page word document that I created. Each page has anywhere
from 1 - 6 different sections on it. The first page is a table of
contents. I need to place hyperlinks in the table of contents so that
they link to each of the mulitple sectiosn that I have.

Ok, here is the trikcy part. After placing all the hyperlinks to
bookmarks, the link only takes you to the top of the page and not to
the exact section on that page. Does any one know how this could be
done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you create a proper TOC, each heading will be linked to its specific
position. See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html and the
sections on partial TOCs in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm
and http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

wrote in message
I was wondering if the following was possible.

I have a 50 page word document that I created. Each page has anywhere
from 1 - 6 different sections on it. The first page is a table of
contents. I need to place hyperlinks in the table of contents so that
they link to each of the mulitple sectiosn that I have.

Ok, here is the trikcy part. After placing all the hyperlinks to
bookmarks, the link only takes you to the top of the page and not to
the exact section on that page. Does any one know how this could be
done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

I was wondering if the following was possible.

I have a 50 page word document that I created. Each page has anywhere
from 1 - 6 different sections on it. The first page is a table of
contents. I need to place hyperlinks in the table of contents so that
they link to each of the mulitple sectiosn that I have.

Ok, here is the trikcy part. After placing all the hyperlinks to
bookmarks, the link only takes you to the top of the page and not to
the exact section on that page. Does any one know how this could be
done?- Hide quoted text -

Suzanne, thanks for the links they were helpful. So lets say I already
have a table of contents in place that was manually created. Now lets
say that I have hyperlinks & bookmarks already in place. If possible
using the (ALT & F9) I want to modify the hyperlinks manually so when
they are clicked on (in pdf format) they go directly to the page as
well as to the bookmark on that page. Can this be done. If so, what
switches do I need to add/delete/modify to make this happen.

example:

Hyperlink - {HYPERLINK \l "airconditioners" }
Bookmark - {ADVANCE \d}{ADVANCE \r7}AIR CONITIONERS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

[...]

Bookmark - {ADVANCE \d}{ADVANCE \r7}AIR CONITIONERS- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the quick response. The file we are working on is our
governing documents. Which is broken up into 8 sections with each
section having anywhere from 100-400 pages. Within that, we have
multiple table of contents. Because of the nature of the document, I
can't go in and change the TOB. So, I have to work with the manual TOB
that someone else created. And what I need to do is create hyperlinks
in the TOB to bookmarks within the different sections. If I am totally
on the wrong track...please let me know. In Word, the hyperlinks to
bookmarks (default) work perfect. But because we have to present these
docs online and in a printable format, I convert them to a .pdf. After
doing so, the hyperlinks work kind of sort of. They link to correct
page, but not to the correct section on that page. After reading up on
switches, I thought maybe that could fix the problem. Again if I am on
the wrong track or if you have a better idea, please let me know.
Thanks for your time. There really isn't anyone here where I work at
to ask questions, so this is a big help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message

[...]

to ask questions, so this is a big help.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry...meant to say TOC (Table Of Contents)