LW_Greeney

Default Word Importing data from excel automatically

Is there a way to create a word document which when you type a certain code
in, it then brings a sentance which is held in an excel document into the
document. Which will then save the person time of typing the sentance out
over and over again!

Any ideas???

Alistaire
Jay Freedman

LW_Greeney wrote:
Is there a way to create a word document which when you type a
certain code in, it then brings a sentance which is held in an excel
document into the document. Which will then save the person time of
typing the sentance out over and over again!

Any ideas???

Alistaire

Yes, there is a way (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/XLToWordWithDAO.htm), but why bother? Use
either AutoCorrect or AutoText. For instance, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

LW_Greeney

Great thanks for that, the reason being, is that my boss at work wants to not
also put text in, he wants a document which when u type a code it brings up
images aswell. Mad a i know but if i can get it working i will get into his
good books!

Plus he got the idea from someone who used Microsoft Binder to store the
information

Alistaire

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

LW_Greeney wrote:
Is there a way to create a word document which when you type a
certain code in, it then brings a sentance which is held in an excel
document into the document. Which will then save the person time of
typing the sentance out over and over again!

Any ideas???

Alistaire

Yes, there is a way (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/XLToWordWithDAO.htm), but why bother? Use
either AutoCorrect or AutoText. For instance, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

AutoText can hold images. That's no problem at all. Please read the
article I cited.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

LW_Greeney wrote:
Is there a way to create a word document which when you type a
certain code in, it then brings a sentance which is held in an excel
document into the document. Which will then save the person time of
typing the sentance out over and over again!

Any ideas???

Alistaire

Yes, there is a way (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/XLToWordWithDAO.htm), but why bother? Use
either AutoCorrect or AutoText. For instance, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

LW_Greeney

Thats really cool, but can anyone help me in how i can have the data or
images appear in the document when i have entered a code in the document eg
like SP30 and then a paragraph automatically appears!

Im new to this coding stuff so any help would be greateful!

Alistaire