Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bette Bette is offline

Default generated print files are very large and print extremely slow

When I print documents that contain, for example, a large table, the print
file generated is huge even the though the file itself isn't particulary big.
It takes a very long time to print (HP laserjet 2300 with 32 mb memory). Is
there any way that I can improve the speed of my printer in this situation?
Additional memory can be purchased but very expensive. Thanks.
--
Bette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

"Print" to a pdf. Then print the pdf. Free pdf writer:
http://www.primopdf.com
"Bette" wrote in message
When I print documents that contain, for example, a large table, the print
file generated is huge even the though the file itself isn't particulary
big.
It takes a very long time to print (HP laserjet 2300 with 32 mb memory).
Is
there any way that I can improve the speed of my printer in this
situation?
Additional memory can be purchased but very expensive. Thanks.
--
Bette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QmV0dGU=?=,

When I print documents that contain, for example, a large table, the print
file generated is huge even the though the file itself isn't particulary big.
It takes a very long time to print (HP laserjet 2300 with 32 mb memory). Is
there any way that I can improve the speed of my printer in this situation?
Additional memory can be purchased but very expensive.

Are you opening the file in Word, then printing? Or are you really generating a
print file, then printing that (and if so, why)? Yes, print files are huge
because they have to contain all kinds of information Word would otherwise
generate "on-the-fly".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org