Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] birinets@gmail.com is offline

Default CreateIntance of MS word in safe mode

I need to use Word Automation in separate instance without any addins,
templates, macros, etc. Same thing like to run Word with command line
like "winwrod /a" or "winword /Automation /Safe"

What was done before, to create Word object, I added "/Safe"
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{000209FE-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32\LocalServer32" after
"..Winword.exe /
Automation", and now word created in safe mode but on same PC Winword
can start to repair and reinstall.

If someone have some knowledge about this problem or know other way
how to create a clearer word object in separate instance please inform
me.

Beast Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I need to use Word Automation in separate instance without any addins,
templates, macros, etc. Same thing like to run Word with command line
like "winwrod /a" or "winword /Automation /Safe"

What was done before, to create Word object, I added "/Safe"
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{000209FE-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32\LocalServer32" after
"..Winword.exe /
Automation", and now word created in safe mode but on same PC Winword
can start to repair and reinstall.

If someone have some knowledge about this problem or know other way
how to create a clearer word object in separate instance please inform
me.

Which programming language are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers

On 8 ÑÎ×, 10:49, Cindy M. wrote:
I need to use Word Automation in separate instance without any addins,
templates, macros, etc. Same thing like to run Word with command line
like "winwrod /a" šor "winword /Automation /Safe"

What was done before, to create Word object, I added "/Safe"
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{000209FE-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32\LocalServer32" šafter
"..Winword.exe /
Automation", and now word created in safe šmode but on same PC Winword
can start to repair and reinstall.

If someone have some knowledge about this problem or know other way
how to create a clearer word object in separate instance please inform
me.

Which programming language are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

C++
Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I need to use Word Automation in separate instance without any addins,
templates, macros, etc. Same thing like to run Word with command line
like "winwrod /a" šor "winword /Automation /Safe"

What was done before, to create Word object, I added "/Safe"
"HKEY CLASSES ROOT\CLSID\{000209FE-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32\LocalServer32" šafter
"..Winword.exe /
Automation", and now word created in safe šmode but on same PC Winword
can start to repair and reinstall.

If someone have some knowledge about this problem or know other way
how to create a clearer word object in separate instance please inform
me.

Which programming language are you using?

C++

OK, I don't know that language. But in the classic VB world I'd use Shell to start the application, with the command-line
switches, in this case probably /a /n. I'm pretty sure Shell must derive from something in the Windows API? Just ask in a
group that supports C++ what to use in order to "shell" a program...

There's no way within the object model to specify this. Best you can do, once the program is running, is to unload all add-
ins (both native Word and COM). And in order to not use the Normal.dot you'd have to re-name that file before startinng Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers

On 9 Ñнв, 11:24, Cindy M. wrote:
I need to useWordAutomation in separate instance without any addins,
templates, macros, etc. Same thing like to runWordwith command line
like "winwrod /a" Å¡or "winword /Automation /Safe"

What was done before, to createWordobject, I added "/Safe"
"HKEY CLASSES ROOT\CLSID\{000209FE-0000-0000-
C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32\LocalServer32" Å¡after
[...]

The problem happens if Word is already started and I am trying to
start the new instance of Word. When I am starting the new instance of
Word, it loads *.dot from startup directory and message appears "Open
as read only..." for this *.dot. So, starting Word first and then
disable add-ins is impossible, because Word is already started.Also I
can't rename Normal.dot because of the same reason.

Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.automation,microsoft.public.office.developer.officedev.other,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

The problem happens if Word is already started and I am trying to
start the new instance of Word. When I am starting the new instance of
Word, it loads *.dot from startup directory and message appears "Open
as read only..." for this *.dot. So, starting Word first and then
disable add-ins is impossible, because Word is already started.Also I
can't rename Normal.dot because of the same reason.

The /a switch should start Word in Safe Mode, which means it shouldn't
be trying to load *any* add-in templates, also not Normal.dot. Did you
include that switch?