Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flossie Flossie is offline

Default nonbreaking space

In Word 2000 is it possible to create an autocorrect for nonbreaking spaces
so that everytime I use Mr or Mrs the normal space after each word is
automatically replaced with a nonbreaking space . Also same for days and
months??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Flossie,

In Word 2000 is it possible to create an autocorrect for nonbreaking spaces
so that everytime I use Mr or Mrs the normal space after each word is
automatically replaced with a nonbreaking space . Also same for days and
months??

I don't have Word 2000 around any more, but I think it should work the same. I
can get Word + Autocorrect to do what you want, but the issue is that, in
order to trigger AutoCorrect you need to type a space, a period or some other
punctuation, press Tab, or press Enter. In all these cases you're left with
the character used to trigger AutoCorrect. If you type a space, for example,
you end up with your protected space plus the space you typed. There's no way
around this, so I'm not sure being able to create the entry will be of much
help - you'd have to remember to delete the triggering character.

Any way, here's how to do it:

In a Word document, type what you want to use as a replacement (including the
protected space) and select it.

Tools/AutoCorrect.

In the Replace box, type the text to be replaced (Mr, for example)

Activate the With: "Formatted Text" option. What you typed and selected in the
document should be displayed.

Click "Add"

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The real disadvantage to this is that if you use Backspace to delete the
extra space, Word interprets this as meaning you want to Undo the
AutoCorrect.

http://word.mvps.org

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Flossie,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flossie Flossie is offline

Hello Ladies

Thanks for your replies. Will give your suggestion a go Cindy, and fingers
crossed............

thanks