Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sonu sonu is offline

Default Interative indexing

Hi,

I know how to create index in miscrosoft word.
But what I want is this.

I want to create a index and then have ability to jump to a specific
topic when I click on this index. How can I create this. I know it is
possible because I have seen it in one of the document. And yes I dont
have that document anyomre.

Any help of insight will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
BS.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Sonu,

I know how to create index in miscrosoft word.
But what I want is this.

I want to create a index and then have ability to jump to a specific
topic when I click on this index. How can I create this. I know it is
possible because I have seen it in one of the document. And yes I dont
have that document anyomre.

This is only possible by using a very complex macro to "walk through"
each index page number, search the term on that page, then create a
hyperlink to it, stored "behind" the number. And how the macro is
programmed depends on what type of index this is, and what types of
terms might be indexed. Not at all simple or straightforward...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sonu sonu is offline

On Jan 21, 7:22*am, Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Sonu,

I know how to create index in miscrosoft word.
But what I want is this.

I want to create a index and then have ability to jump to a specific
topic when I click on this index. How can I create this. I know it is
possible because I have seen it in one of the document. And yes I dont
have that document anyomre.

This is only possible by using a very complex macro to "walk through"
each index page number, search the term on that page, then create a
hyperlink to it, stored "behind" the number. And how the macro is
programmed depends on what type of index this is, and what types of
terms might be indexed. Not at all simple or straightforward...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

I found the solution elsewhere. I was trying to create index. If I do
table of content then it should provide the same functionality with
hyperlinks. I just have to used heading 1 or 2 for the topics I want
to add in my index or TOC.
Thanks for the help. I got it now.

indexing hassan barjini Page Layout 1 April 29th 06 03:54 PM
about indexing hassan barjini Microsoft Word Help 1 April 29th 06 02:58 PM
about indexing hassan barjini New Users 3 April 17th 06 06:16 PM
about indexing hassan barjini Microsoft Word Help 1 April 15th 06 04:18 PM
Interative word document cezza10 Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 05 03:13 PM