Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roland roland is offline

Default How to lock the annotation numbers?

I am compiling results from scientific articles in a table and have
used the annotation (reference) function to create a list of numbered
references at the end of the dokument. I than used the
crossreferencing possibility to link reference numbers in the text to
the references in the table and the references at the end of the
manuscript.

I now want to submit my manuscript to a webb-based manuscript central.
The journal wants to have the text, the tables and the references
uploaded in separate files.

If I do that I will destroy all the annotation numbers. Is there a
possibility to "lock" the annotation numbers, and than split the
manuscript into three files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One approach -

Make a copy of the file & in that copy:

Update all of the links to make sure they're current,
Ctrl+A to select All,
Shift+Control+F9 to unlink the fields

You may have some reformatting to do (TOCs, etc. that operated as Hyperlinks
will appear as blue & underlined) but your references won't change in that
doc when you split it up.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

" roland" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am compiling results from scientific articles in a table and have
used the annotation (reference) function to create a list of numbered
references at the end of the dokument. I than used the
crossreferencing possibility to link reference numbers in the text to
the references in the table and the references at the end of the
manuscript.

I now want to submit my manuscript to a webb-based manuscript central.
The journal wants to have the text, the tables and the references
uploaded in separate files.

If I do that I will destroy all the annotation numbers. Is there a
possibility to "lock" the annotation numbers, and than split the
manuscript into three files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roland roland is offline

Thanks a lot.

That worked for the crossreferences. I now also would like to unlock
the numbering of the references (annotations). Can that be done?

Roland

On 3 Apr, 16:15, "CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote:
One approach -

Make a copy of the file & in that copy:

Update all of the links to make sure they're current,
Ctrl+A to select All,
Shift+Control+F9 to unlink the fields

You may have some reformatting to do (TOCs, etc. that operated as Hyperlinks
will appear as blue & underlined) but your references won't change in that
doc when you split it up.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

" roland" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am compiling results from scientific articles in a table and have
used the annotation (reference) function to create a list of numbered
references at the end of the dokument. I than used the
crossreferencing possibility to link reference numbers in the text to
the references in the table and the references at the end of the
manuscript.

I now want to submit my manuscript to a webb-based manuscript central.
The journal wants to have the text, the tables and the references
uploaded in separate files.

If I do that I will destroy all the annotation numbers. Is there a
possibility to "lock" the annotation numbers, and than split the
manuscript into three files?- Dölj citerad text -

- Visa citerad text -