dkmjkh

Default columns and shading and borders

when I have a page with columns I type some in each column. but when I apply
a border around the text and add shading the first bordered column works fine
but as I continue across the columns the one previous gets a rectangle of
shading below the border but it has no border and it has the words "column
break" inside it. It shows up in my printing also. what to do

David

Page and column breaks take on the formatting of the following paragraph,
including borders and shading. This can be avoided for page breaks by using
the "Page break before" property instead of a manual break. Unfortunately,
there is no "column break before" property, so the only workaround is to
apply "Keep with next" and "Keep lines together" properties to enough
paragraphs to bump them to the next column.