Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grom grom is offline

Default Copying portion of file

How do I make 30 copies of a portion of a file? I have a document with a
large table in it. I want to open another document and end up with 30 of the
same table in the new document. Copy and paste does it one at a time. Is
there a better way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

grom wrote:
How do I make 30 copies of a portion of a file? I have a document
with a large table in it. I want to open another document and end up
with 30 of the same table in the new document. Copy and paste does
it one at a time. Is there a better way?

Of course. After you've pasted two copies into the new document, select
both, copy, and paste at the end. You now have four copies. Select all four,
copy, and paste to make eight. After two more cycles of this you'll have 32
copies, and you can delete the last two.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Another approach... once you copy, you *don't* have to copy again - just
click the Paste button (or Ctrl+V) 30 times. There isn't, however, a "Paste
30 times" command, and FWIW, my *guess* as to why is that having 30 copies
of the same thing in a single document isn't a need that arises with any
degreee of frequency .
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"grom" wrote in message
How do I make 30 copies of a portion of a file? I have a document with a
large table in it. I want to open another document and end up with 30 of
the
same table in the new document. Copy and paste does it one at a time. Is
there a better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could use a macro which will copy the clipboard content to the document
as many times as you want

Sub PasteThirty()
On Error GoTo Oops:
Dim sNumber
sNumber = InputBox("How many copies?", "Copies", 30)
For x = 1 To sNumber
With Selection
.Paste
.TypeParagraph