Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bayskater bayskater is offline

Default Re-installing WORD

Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install WORD
on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there some
way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Did Word come with her old computer or did you buy it from your local Olde
Software Shoppe? What version of Word is it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there some
way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Did Word come with her old computer or did you buy it from your local Olde
Software Shoppe? What version of Word is it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Thanks, JoAnn, I'll check and get back on this.

Fred
~~~~~

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there some
way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bayskater bayskater is offline

Reply to Jo Ann:

Her version of WORD is 2003 Office - Student and Teachers and it did NOT
come with her computer. She bought it separate at a computer store. The old
and new computers use Windows XP.
She cannot boot up her old computer, which is an E-machines T6520

Any hope?
Thanks, ... Fred

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there some
way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Okie-dokie.

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

If the program was preinstalled on the computer, Microsoft would not have
helped her. Since she got a retail version, they will. A fast phone call
should do the trick.

After she gets the answer, I would recommend putting that number in a safe
location...and remember where that location is! ;-)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

2003 Office - Student and Teachers

Hi JoAnn,
Thanks, I'll pass that info to my daughter.
I noticed at that site you gave that the list of programs that it applies to
does not include 2003 Office - Student and Teachers.
Will that be a problem ,do you think?
Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't know. Office STE is just a special kind of Office Standard. As long
as it's a retail version, she has a much better chance of getting help. The
only "out" I can think of is that it's a reduced cost version so there may
be a reduced level of support. But PLEASE call.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a new
computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to install
WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

2003 Office - Student and Teachers

Hi JoAnn,
Thanks, I'll pass that info to my daughter.
I noticed at that site you gave that the list of programs that it applies
to does not include 2003 Office - Student and Teachers.
Will that be a problem ,do you think?
Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bayskater bayskater is offline

Hi JoAnn,

Thanks to you, my daughter was able to re-activate her WORD program.

She used the link to Microsoft to get a new product key.

There was a charge of $10. to her credit, which she was happy to pay.

She has recorded the key and now has a printout from Belarc Advisor showing
lots of important info about her computer as well.

We much appreciate your help.

Fred

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a
new computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to
install WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

2003 Office - Student and Teachers

Hi JoAnn,
Thanks, I'll pass that info to my daughter.
I noticed at that site you gave that the list of programs that it applies
to does not include 2003 Office - Student and Teachers.
Will that be a problem ,do you think?
Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I dearly love happy endings. Thank you for making my day! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"bayskater" wrote in message
Hi,
My daughter had a serious trouble on her computer and had to get a
new computer. The new computer is up and running and she'd like to
install WORD on the new box.
She doesn't have her product key (unfortunately not saved). Is there
some way she can get that key?

Thanks, ... Fred

2003 Office - Student and Teachers

Hi JoAnn,
Thanks, I'll pass that info to my daughter.
I noticed at that site you gave that the list of programs that it
applies to does not include 2003 Office - Student and Teachers.
Will that be a problem ,do you think?
Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers