Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Hiding "Overflow" Linked Text Box when Empty

Hi Tony

Tony Robbins wrote:
The problem is that, if the table gets overfilled, it pushes information
down. I need the additional data to get moved to a second page, *after* the
remaining contents of the form. However, if I put an overflow textbox on
page 2, I still get page 2 even if the contents are empty.

The only way this would be feasible is when you position everything
below the table in question, say, in the footer area. Then the table
will be at the bottom of the normal text layer of this page, and will
flow to the 2nd page as needed (see John's remark).

This makes only sense if the user does not have to fill anything out in
this footer area (you cannot have form fields in the footer of a
protected form), or if you capture his data differently (UserForm,
ASK/FILLIN fields) and only reference it in the footer.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS