Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tcoop tcoop is offline

Default Merge & fill-in forms

Is it possible to create a fill-in form and merge with another file? I
created the fill-in form and was able to merge, but when I saved it, I was
not able to access each page after opening the file. When I opened the file
the only page available was the page that was current when the file was
saved. I was hoping to have the file accessible to others, in order for them
to complete their portion of the form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The two features are incompatible. However, if you only want to use Text
Input Form Fields, if you run the following macro after setting everything
up in the mail merge main document (data source attached, merge fields
inserted, formfields inserted), it will execute the merge to a new document
and reinstate the formfields into each of the "letters" that are created in
that document using the data from the data source.

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = .FormFields.Count To 1 Step -1
.FormFields(i).Range.Text = "FF" & i
Next i
With .MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With
End With
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
With Selection.Find
Do While .Execute(FindText:="FF[0-9]{1,}", Forward:=True, _
MatchWildcards:=True, Wrap:=wdFindStop, MatchCase:=True) = True
ActiveDocument.FormFields.Add Selection.Range, wdFieldFormTextInput
Loop
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tcoop" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a fill-in form and merge with another file? I
created the fill-in form and was able to merge, but when I saved it, I was
not able to access each page after opening the file. When I opened the
file
the only page available was the page that was current when the file was
saved. I was hoping to have the file accessible to others, in order for
them
to complete their portion of the form.

Mail Merge method to fill Word Text Form Fill Obect Question bosshog Mailmerge 8 December 3rd 08 02:25 AM
Fill in Forms Deb Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 07 08:14 AM
fill in forms Drop down menus Microsoft Word Help 1 March 5th 07 10:03 AM
Problem: Mail Merge with Fill-ins asks for fill-in value for every label, not just once Rhino Mailmerge 3 June 17th 06 05:35 AM
Fill-in forms Mary Ann Krupper Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 06 09:30 AM