SCrowley

Default Include picture problem

Word 2003 I have created a table with the following fields in each cell
(including {Next} in contiguous cells:

{Includepicture "C:\\Doc & Settings\\My Name\\My Docs\\My Data
Sources\\Folder Name\\{ MERGEFIELD "HeaderName" } .jpg" }
Caption {AUTONUM\*Arabic}

When I merge to new document I Clt+A, Shift+F9. (BTW) Display Placeholders
is "un-checked" under tools/options/view...I see an outline of a box with the
picture icon in the top left corner. I have had the picutre merge

Thank you,

Graham Mayor

Is that space before .jpg intentional? it probably shouldn't be there.
What happens when you use Includepicture to insert the image(s) in a plain
(non-merge) document?
What does {Mergefield "HeaderName"} on its own insert into the merge
document?
Is that what you expect?

SCrowley wrote:
Word 2003 I have created a table with the following fields in each
cell (including {Next} in contiguous cells:

{Includepicture "C:\\Doc & Settings\\My Name\\My Docs\\My Data
Sources\\Folder Name\\{ MERGEFIELD "HeaderName" } .jpg" }
Caption {AUTONUM\*Arabic}

When I merge to new document I Clt+A, Shift+F9. (BTW) Display
Placeholders is "un-checked" under tools/options/view...I see an
outline of a box with the picture icon in the top left corner. I have
had the picutre merge

SCrowley

I actually got the info from your article
"www.gmayor.com/mail_mail_graphics.htm {IncludePicutre "E:\\Temp\\{Mergfield
FirstName}{Mergefield LastName}.jpg"}

No, the space before .jpg was not intentional, I'll fix that. I created an
excel sheet (located in My Data Sources\File Folder - along with the photos
themselves) that lists the photo names under header DarienPhoto {Mergefield
"HeaderName"}

No it doesn't work by itself. I know this is user error I just can't get my
arms around this.

Thanks so much for your help. I've actually made this work before and ever
since IT reinstalled my "profile" I haven't been able to recreate this.

SCrowley wrote:
Word 2003 I have created a table with the following fields in each
cell (including {Next} in contiguous cells:

{Includepicture "C:\\Doc & Settings\\My Name\\My Docs\\My Data
Sources\\Folder Name\\{ MERGEFIELD "HeaderName" } .jpg" }
Caption {AUTONUM\*Arabic}

When I merge to new document I Clt+A, Shift+F9. (BTW) Display
Placeholders is "un-checked" under tools/options/view...I see an
outline of a box with the picture icon in the top left corner. I have
had the picutre merge

Graham Mayor

I can't think what this might be, but given that IT has been screwing
around, may I suggest that you check that you are using straight quotes
rather than smart quotes and you don't need quotes around Headername.

SCrowley wrote:
Word 2003 I have created a table with the following fields in each
cell (including {Next} in contiguous cells:

{Includepicture "C:\\Doc & Settings\\My Name\\My Docs\\My Data
Sources\\Folder Name\\{ MERGEFIELD "HeaderName" } .jpg" }
Caption {AUTONUM\*Arabic}

When I merge to new document I Clt+A, Shift+F9. (BTW) Display
Placeholders is "un-checked" under tools/options/view...I see an
outline of a box with the picture icon in the top left corner. I
have had the picutre merge

SCrowley

As embarassing as this is, I'm telling on myself so that if someone else has
this issue, they can learn from my mistake. I was doing all the fields
correctly, in a table in order to regulate the photo size -- what I didn't do
correctly was this: When I merged to the new document, I Selected All and the
Shf+F9, it works correctly when I Select All and F9 only!!! Sometimes a good
nights sleep clears my head. Thanks for your help and replies!!!!