David Fox

Default Linked Files won't update - Pathname incorrect

I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP.

I am inserting a picture from a file and using the "Insert and Link" option
so that the word documents can be updated (by using the F9 key) when changes
are made to the graphic files.

However, it does not work - the update does not occur. After using "Alt +
F9" to view the linking code, I have discovered that the file path names all
use forward slashes ("/") instead of the backslashes ("\") that you would
typically expect in a file path.

One of my colleagues is using Word 2000 (also on an XP machine) and the
update feature works correctly for her. Upon checking her link code, we see
that it does use backslashes for the file path.

Is this just a big bug in Windows 2002, or is there some setting someplace
that I am not aware of, or is it somehow only occurring on my computer?

Thanks in advance for the help.
--
David Fox