Hercs

Default How to automatically include file and pathname in every document

I would like to set the default in my computer to automatically include the
file and path name on every document created in Word. Is that possible?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Jay Freedman

Hercs wrote:
I would like to set the default in my computer to automatically
include the file and path name on every document created in Word. Is
that possible?

Although technically you could do this by inserting a {FILENAME \p} field in
the footer of the Normal.dot template, it's a Bad IdeaT. Because that
template is also used by the label wizard, having anything in its footer
would cause the labels to print out of place. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm, in the
section "To add a header, footer, or other static text", for advice.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Linked Files won't update - Pathname incorrect David Fox Microsoft Word Help 0 August 3rd 05 08:11 PM
danish letters bilisa Mailmerge 14 June 24th 05 10:52 AM
Connecting to SQL Server for mailmerge [email protected] Mailmerge 4 June 2nd 05 07:18 AM
How can I remove pathname from caption for icon of embedded objec. otrfan84128 Microsoft Word Help 0 April 29th 05 06:53 PM
How do I set up file and pathname on the default document in Word. KN45 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 05 06:36 PM