Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ingin

Default how do I remove an email address from Auto Text in Word?

I am trying to remove some incorrect email addresses from auto appearing when
I type in an address in Outlook, using word as the application. I think these
are stored in Auto Text somewhere, but I cannot locate them. The "bad"
addresses have been removed from my contact and address book, but still
appear in outlook
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi ingin

In Outlook, when you start to type in the "To" box, you see a list of
suggested email addresses drop down. I assume you want to remove an email
address from that list.

If so, just highlight it in the list, and press Delete. (Sometimes things
are just too easy!)

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"ingin" wrote in message
I am trying to remove some incorrect email addresses from auto appearing
when
I type in an address in Outlook, using word as the application. I think
these
are stored in Auto Text somewhere, but I cannot locate them. The "bad"
addresses have been removed from my contact and address book, but still
appear in outlook

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chipmarlowe

When I try to delete these "to box" address it will not highlight to delete.
Is there another method to delete all these addresses. Thanks.

"ingin" wrote in message
I am trying to remove some incorrect email addresses from auto appearing
when
I type in an address in Outlook, using word as the application. I think
these
are stored in Auto Text somewhere, but I cannot locate them. The "bad"
addresses have been removed from my contact and address book, but still
appear in outlook

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi chipmarlowe

I suggest you ask in a newsgroup devoted to Outlook. You'll find several at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...fault.mspx?d=1