Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LFD3290 LFD3290 is offline

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LFD3290 LFD3290 is offline

Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mehdi Pourabdollah Mehdi Pourabdollah is offline

Default Tahnk you!"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

thanks a lot for you helpful answer.

On Friday, February 12, 2010 4:54 PM LFD3290 wrote:

How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

On Friday, February 12, 2010 6:30 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:50 AM LFD3290 wrote:

Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Statistics, Probability, Lotteries and Dumb Programmers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ogrammers.aspx

David-Lee Hunter David-Lee Hunter is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD3290 View Post
Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

.

Absolute genius!!! Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jlerma05@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 4:30:05 PM UTC-7, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you very much for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sumeetrayat11@gmail.com is offline

yes alt +f9 really works thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] herset1954@gmail.com is offline

Thank you sir, all clear..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] tgulen@gmail.com is offline

Den tisdag 21 januari 2014 kl. 12:59:41 UTC+1 skrev :
yes alt +f9 really works thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] tgulen@gmail.com is offline

Den tisdag 21 januari 2014 kl. 12:59:41 UTC+1 skrev :
yes alt +f9 really works thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!

Hello

I have same problem with MS Office Word 2016!
ALT+F9 do not work

Any other way to remove { PAGE\*MERGEFORMAT } from Word-file?

Regards,
Theo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] damodarpoudyal@gmail.com is offline

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much! I also benefitted from your tips.

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 00:30:05 UTC+1, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

Words

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jorzate@gmail.com is offline

El viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010 18:30:05 UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill escribió:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanksss!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jatinvarora@gmail.com is offline

Thanks it helped to add the numbers. What about the First cover page I lost? How should I get that back??

On Friday, 12 February 2010 15:30:05 UTC-8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What did you lose exactly? If you mean the page number, you can add it back
to the first page header or footer (wherever you want it). Double-click the
header to activate the header/footer area. Press Alt+Shift+P to add a page
number field at the insertion point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace
with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] melonga7@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:30:05 AM UTC+8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thanks man

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] summiyaaf@gmail.com is offline

Thanks a million, this was eating my head off....
you are Awesome!!!
On Saturday, 13 February 2010 05:00:05 UTC+5:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] munkhsukh.j@gmail.com is offline

thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] kitheletsane@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 01:30:05 UTC+2, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you Suzan. Great help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maria.zeifue@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 12:30:05 UTC+13, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

OMG Thank You so much! You just made my day or better my week!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] lukaszbuchnajzer@gmail.com is offline

Thank You!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] dorkvader999@gmail.com is offline

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My cat had walked on my keyboard and I had idea what she'd done!! The solution was so simple.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jp@whatcantwedo.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 5:30:05 PM UTC-6, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I LOVE YOUUUU!!!!! I cant tell you how friggin annoying this was and how long I was just dealing with it... Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] navleen3@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 6:30:05 PM UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] frederique.prince.thauvette@gmail.com is offline

I love you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] vignesh.gouthaman@gmail.com is offline

That was easy! Thanks Suzanne!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] divaphysics@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 05:00:05 UTC+5:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

-- Thanks lot ...
http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] rupeshkp728@gmail.com is offline

thanks

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 5:00:05 AM UTC+5:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mjohnson2469@gmail.com is offline

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I was preparing to turn in a paper and this occurred along with a TOC issue. Alt F9 fixed it all.

Thank you again!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] trang91tn@gmail.com is offline

Thank u very much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] 22njones@orangecsd.org is offline

Thank you!! This was driving me insane!!!

--

PLEASE NOTE: This message and any response to it may constitute a public record and, therefore, may be subject to disclosure upon request under Ohio law. However, if electronic communications contain student records or medical information, they shall be maintained as confidential to the fullest extent of the law. If you have received this electronic communication erroneously, please notify the sender immediately.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sshah.triforce@gmail.com is offline

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sandalthilagan@gmail.com is offline

Dear sir

Lot of thankz for ur help

With regards

Thilagan K
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] cikgunaz.success@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 7:30:05 AM UTC+8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Miss Suzanne, my problem is different a little bit.
the numbering appears normally on the word.
But when I convert it to PDF format, the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } appeared!

How do I fix this?

I am using word 2013 FYI...

Thanks for your answer in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] r.javadzade@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 3:00:05 AM UTC+3:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thank you, now page numbers appeared again, it worked

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sbkamalkumar@gmail.com is offline

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanks a lot! Its really help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] hcliston@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 at 3:30:05 PM UTC-8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

THANK YOU!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sultansalim86@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 2:30:05 AM UTC+3, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Ohh Suzanne, you saved my day!! Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ershaikhsharik@gmail.com is offline

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank You SO much

MERGEFORMAT [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 October 11th 06 06:23 AM
\* MERGEFORMAT error Colin44 Page Layout 1 May 3rd 06 09:16 AM
MERGEFORMAT problem frank Mailmerge 2 November 29th 05 09:22 PM
Mergeformat field kharrison Microsoft Word Help 6 February 17th 05 03:38 AM
HELP!!! How do I use the /*Mergeformat switch Karry Cannon Mailmerge 1 January 12th 05 11:16 PM