Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LFD3290 LFD3290 is offline

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you remove the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from your footer and replace it with numerical page numbering in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page where you want to remove the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT }.
  2. Double-click on the footer area to open the footer section.
  3. Select the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } field code by clicking on it.
  4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove the field code.
  5. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  6. Click on the Page Number drop-down menu and select the position and style of the page number you want to use.

Your page numbers should now appear in the footer. If you want to change the format or style of the page numbers, you can do so by clicking on the Page Number drop-down menu again and selecting Format Page Numbers.

That's it! Your footer should now display numerical page numbering instead of the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } field code. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LFD3290 LFD3290 is offline

Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mehdi Pourabdollah Mehdi Pourabdollah is offline

Default Tahnk you!"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

thanks a lot for you helpful answer.

On Friday, February 12, 2010 4:54 PM LFD3290 wrote:

How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

On Friday, February 12, 2010 6:30 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:50 AM LFD3290 wrote:

Tahnk you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Statistics, Probability, Lotteries and Dumb Programmers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ogrammers.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The answer hasn't changed. If you want to see a page number, press Alt+F9.
If you want to remove the page number, select the field and delete it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:40 AM Mehdi Pourabdollah wrote:

thanks a lot for you helpful answer.

On Friday, April 08, 2011 8:38 AM Jill Rushing wrote:

I'm trying to figure that out myself!

On Friday, April 08, 2011 8:50 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Did you read the reply? Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sirpahl@gmail.com is offline

I am still getting the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } after I hit F9. It shows up on my prints, even though it shows up correctly on the screen. can you help me with that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I am still getting the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } after I hit F9. It shows up
on my prints, even though it shows up correctly on the screen. can you help
me with that?

Make sure Word isn't set to print field codes. In Word 2010, clear the "Print
field codes instead of their values" option in File tab | Options | Display. (In
Word 97-2003, a similar option is on the Print tab of Tools | Options.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] nisachol.la@gmail.com is offline

àÁ×èÍ ÇѹàÊÒÃì·Õè 13 ¡ØÁÀҾѹ¸ì ¤.È. 2010, 4 ¹ÒÌÔ¡Ò 54 ¹Ò·Õ 01 ÇÔ¹Ò·Õ UTC+7, LFD3290 à¢Õ¹ÇèÒ:

How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you.^__^

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] parbatisubba@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:39:01 AM UTC+5:45, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

oh may go I have done thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mysteries.hastings@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 9:54:01 PM UTC, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you very much. i bTTLED WITH THIS ALL DAY AND YOUR ANSWER DID IT IN A SECOND

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] fernando.ab.lomba@gmail.com is offline

Sexta-feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2010 21:54:01 UTC, LFD3290 escreveu:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanks.
Fernando
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] kolakanhc@gmail.com is offline

Thanks so much
Kolakanh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] drice@dricelaw.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 4:54:01 PM UTC-5, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

THANK YOU!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] marquie.abraham@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 2:54:01 PM UTC-7, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

THANK YOU!! It was so simple
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sathishkumarsb@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:24:01 AM UTC+5:30, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you very much for the answer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jlerma05@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 4:30:05 PM UTC-7, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thank you very much for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] richsapf@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } on every page, so I had to just leave a 121 page printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly. Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their reactions?.. That is what needs to happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should have been able to answer in a simple term..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] richsapf@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } on every page I printed, so I had to just leave a 121 page printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly.

Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their reactions? See what issues people have and re-code?.. That is what needs to happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should have been able to answer in simple terms..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

If the PAGE field displays correctly but prints as a field code, then you
need to change a setting in the Print Options. Where you find these will
depend on the version of Word (which should always be stated).

Word 2003 or earlier: Tools | Options | Print: Include with document: Clear
the check box for "Field codes."

Word 2007: Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check
box for "Print field codes instead of their values."

Word 2010/2013: File | Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check box for

wrote in message

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \*
MERGEFORMAT } on every page I printed, so I had to just leave a 121 page
printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some
reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob
with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly.

Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their
reactions? See what issues people have and re-code?.. That is what needs to
happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should
have been able to answer in simple terms..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sumeetrayat11@gmail.com is offline

yes alt +f9 really works thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] pavansitec@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:24:01 AM UTC+5:30, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thk u very much....ALT+F9 worked.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] deaconbillysmith@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

GRACIASGRACIASGRACIAS...you saved my life!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] rizwanprofessional@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 02:54:01 UTC+5, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanks alot my dear....

Its super cooollll
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] damodarpoudyal@gmail.com is offline

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much! I also benefitted from your tips.

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 00:30:05 UTC+1, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

Words

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jorzate@gmail.com is offline

El viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010 18:30:05 UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill escribió:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanksss!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] vk77906@gmail.com is offline

wednes day
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Final Answer Is alt+f9= insert the automatically page number

Thanks With Regards:
Vinod Kumar
Technochem Projects & Consultants

Ghaziabad-201001 U.P.
Mo: 08802263059
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Strictly speaking, Alt+F9 hides the field codes and redisplays field results
(it's a toggle); the command doesn't add anything.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

skrev i meddelandet
wednes day
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Final Answer Is alt+f9= insert the automatically page number

Thanks With Regards:
Vinod Kumar
Technochem Projects & Consultants

Ghaziabad-201001 U.P.
Mo: 08802263059

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] princess777soso@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 11:54:01 PM UTC+2, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] jatinvarora@gmail.com is offline

Thanks it helped to add the numbers. What about the First cover page I lost? How should I get that back??

On Friday, 12 February 2010 15:30:05 UTC-8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What did you lose exactly? If you mean the page number, you can add it back
to the first page header or footer (wherever you want it). Double-click the
header to activate the header/footer area. Press Alt+Shift+P to add a page
number field at the insertion point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace
with
numerical page numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mznur.rahman@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:54:01 AM UTC+6, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thanks bro
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] melonga7@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:30:05 AM UTC+8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thanks man
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] sreerajt90@gmail.com is offline

Thanks a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot ....
But why is it coming like that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] brodkat@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thank you! why the formatting reverted to the PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT - I have no idea but alt-f9 worked like a charm! This one could have kept me frustrated for hours!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] summiyaaf@gmail.com is offline

Thanks a million, this was eating my head off....
you are Awesome!!!
On Saturday, 13 February 2010 05:00:05 UTC+5:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

MERGEFORMAT [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 October 11th 06 06:23 AM
\* MERGEFORMAT error Colin44 Page Layout 1 May 3rd 06 09:16 AM
MERGEFORMAT problem frank Mailmerge 2 November 29th 05 09:22 PM
Mergeformat field kharrison Microsoft Word Help 6 February 17th 05 03:38 AM
HELP!!! How do I use the /*Mergeformat switch Karry Cannon Mailmerge 1 January 12th 05 11:16 PM