Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Rae is offline

Default how do I divide my document into 4 equal parts?

I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I divide my document into 4 equal parts?

To divide your document into 4 equal parts:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Columns" dropdown menu.
  4. Select "More Columns" at the bottom of the menu.
  5. In the "Columns" dialog box, select "4" under "Number of columns."
  6. Under "Width and spacing," make sure the "Equal column width" checkbox is selected.
  7. Click "OK."

To center each invitation in its own section of the paper:
  1. Click on the first invitation.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Center" alignment button in the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon.
  4. Repeat for each invitation.

This should center each invitation both vertically and horizontally in its own section of the paper. You can then print the document on your card stock.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What version of Word? Assuming 2003, try:

File - Print, and set Pages per sheet: to 4.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Rae" wrote in message
I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a
regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get
each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Rae is offline

I am sorry...I am working with Office 2003.
The 4 sheets to a page didn't help. But thanks!
Rae ;-)

"Rae" wrote in message
I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a
regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get
each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Rae is offline

I GOT IT! I fooled around with the margins then used trial and error. Just
think there should be an easier way!

"Rae" wrote in message
I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a
regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get
each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab,
click Options and select Avery 5845 Note card, and click OK. In the Labels
dialog, click New Document. This will create a sheet of four cards. They are
set up as a table, so be sure you display table gridlines (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the card boundaries.

"Rae" wrote in message
I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a

regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I get

each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad you got it working. However, I'm surprised that 4 pages per sheet
didn't work for you, since I've used that approach for invitations many
times, and it's worked perfectly without a lot of trial and error. The key
for me was to use both vertical and horizontal centering, which eliminated
trial and error.

--

"Rae" wrote in message
I am making up a post wedding invitation. I want to print it out on a
regular
piece of card stock. There will be 4 invitations per page. How can I
get
each
invitation centered (vertical & horizontal) in it's own 1/4 section
of the
paper? I know there has to be an easy answer...It is just eluding me.
THANKS!
Rae;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But using "4 pages per sheet" requires that you set the invitation up as a
full sheet and then reduce it, which requires trial and error on font sizes.
Not to mention that it works a lot better with A sizes (A4, A5, etc.) than
with U.S. sizes since the A sizes all have the same aspect ratio.