Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Thanks Thanks is offline

Default Duplicate a page exactly, to repeat original format

How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making a
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Duplicate a page exactly, to repeat original format

To duplicate a page in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open the document that contains the page you want to duplicate.
  2. Click on the page you want to duplicate to select it.
  3. Press "Ctrl" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the page.
  4. Click where you want to insert the duplicated page.
  5. Press "Ctrl" + "V" on your keyboard to paste the copied page.

To repeat the original format of the page, you can use the "Format Painter" tool. Here's how:
  1. Select the page you want to duplicate.
  2. Click on the "Format Painter" button in the "Clipboard" group on the "Home" tab.
  3. Click on the page where you want to apply the duplicated format.

You can also use the "Page Layout" tab to set the page size and orientation. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Page Layout" tab.
  2. Click on the "Size" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  3. Select the desired page size from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click on the "Orientation" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  5. Select the desired page orientation from the drop-down menu.

To duplicate the first page for the rest of the booklet, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the duplicated page.
  2. Press "Ctrl" + "C" on your keyboard to copy the page.
  3. Click where you want to insert the duplicated page.
  4. Press "Ctrl" + "V" on your keyboard to paste the copied page.
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each page you want to duplicate.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The best you can do in Word (which is not a page layout program) is to
insert a page break and then copy and paste the contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"thanks" wrote in message
How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art
border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that
format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also
like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I
can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have a recent version of Word, there is a much better approach than
using two columns. In Word 2000 and above, you can use "2 pages per sheet"
under "Multiple pages" in the Page Setup dialog, which will allow you to
treat each half sheet as a true page (you can even use page borders). If you
have Word 2002 or above, you can use "Book fold," which accomplishes the
same thing but also automatically prints your pages in the proper order to
create a folded booklet.

To make it easier to enter your recipes, it's best to create a few simple
styles for the title, ingredients, instructions, etc.

http://word.mvps.org

"thanks" wrote in message
How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art
border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that
format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also
like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I
can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] barryandadrienne@gmail.com is offline

"thanks" wrote in message
How do you copy or duplicate a page to repeat original format. I'm making
recipe book and want the pages A5 size, but I'll be printing onto A4 size
paper. I made the page into 2 columns in portrait orientation. Then I've
typed 2 recipes on the left side of the A4 page, then put a clip art
border
around it all, then brought the text forward. Now I want to copy that
format
to put onto the other side of the page,but I can't do it. I would also
like
to then duplicate that first page for the rest of the booklet so maybe I
can
just type over the original recipe with the next recipe for the booklet.
There may be an easier way to do this??? Thanks

Hi Suzanne,
In Word, I resized a picture on one page now want to make similar pictures the same size. Is there a keyboard command which repeats the format/resize picture command I just used?
Many Thanks