Styler001 Styler001 is offline
Junior Member

Default How to make end of cell character part of find...replace

This is going to be hard to visualize without the actual mocked-up table I'm working with, but I'll give it a shot. You may recognize this as being quotes from "A Tale of Two Cities". I couldn't use the actual text in this example, since it's work-related.

I've got a table that I need to do a find...replace. I'll try to show it here. Each lined-off section is a cell in a table.

• It was the year of Our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy-five.€
• Spiritual revelations were conceded to England at that favoured period, as at this.€
• Wo-ho! said the coachman.€
• What o'clock do you make it, Joe?
• Ten minutes, good, past eleven.
• €
• What do you say, Tom?€
• They both listened.€
• I say a horse at a canter coming up, Joe.
• I say a horse at a gallop, Tom.€
• Is that the Dover mail?
• €
• Why do you want to know?€
• I want a passenger, if it is.€

As you can see, each cell ends with a € character when viewing the formatting in the document, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to include that as part of the find.

I can easily enough do a find...replace where "^l• ^l• " is replaced with nothing when there are two "blank" lines (lines with just the • and a space "• ". But, when there is only one blank line, as in cell 4, if I try to replace "^l• ", cell 7 then turns into "• I say a horse at a canter coming up, Joe.I say a horse at a gallop, Tom." with what should be two lines but are now crammed together.

Here's what I would expect as the final result if I could figure out how to replace things like I want.

• It was the year of Our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy-five.€
• Spiritual revelations were conceded to England at that favoured period, as at this.€
• Wo-ho! said the coachman.€
• What o'clock do you make it, Joe?
• Ten minutes, good, past eleven.€
• What do you say, Tom?€
• They both listened.€
• I say a horse at a canter coming up, Joe.
• I say a horse at a gallop, Tom.€
• Is that the Dover mail?€
• Why do you want to know?€
• I want a passenger, if it is.€

If anyone can help with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.