Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
M. Neves M. Neves is offline

Default Table bottom border not visible

Hello:
I've a table tha is in several pages.
At some pages, not at all, can't see the bottom limit of table, I can see
left, top and right, but not bottom. It's supposed that, when the text is
bigger than the space tha the table has, a new page will be created and a
table is automatically in a neuw page too. The new page apears, the table
also, but in some pages the bottom limit don't.
Have you any suggestions for this problem?
Thanks

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Table bottom border not visible

Hello!

I understand that you are having trouble with the bottom border of your table not being visible on some pages. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
  1. Check the table properties: First, make sure that the table properties are set up correctly. To do this, right-click on the table and select "Table Properties." In the "Table" tab, check that the "Text wrapping" is set to "None" and that the "Allow row to break across pages" option is selected. In the "Borders and Shading" tab, make sure that the bottom border is selected and that the line style and thickness are set to your desired settings.
  2. Adjust the row height: If the text in the table is too large for the space, it may be pushing the bottom border off the page. To fix this, try adjusting the row height. To do this, select the row(s) in question and right-click. Select "Row Height" and adjust the height as needed.
  3. Adjust the page margins: If the table is close to the bottom of the page, it may be getting cut off by the page margin. To fix this, try adjusting the page margins. To do this, go to the "Page Layout" tab and select "Margins." From here, you can adjust the margins to give your table more space.
  4. Check the printer settings: If you are printing the document and the bottom border is still not showing up, it may be a printer issue. Check the printer settings to make sure that the document is set to print with the correct margins and that the printer is not cutting off the bottom of the page.

I hope these suggestions help you fix the issue with your table. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can help you with!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Do you have bottom borders on the cells/rows or just the table? If the
latter, Word can interpret that pretty literally. You'll need to manually
add a bottom border to the last row on the page.

If you can't see the bottom of a table on the page, it's because you've
inadvertently nudged the table handle and made it wrapped. Go to the Table
tab of Table Properties and make sure the text wrapping is set to None.

"M. Neves" wrote in message
Hello:
I've a table tha is in several pages.
At some pages, not at all, can't see the bottom limit of table, I can see
left, top and right, but not bottom. It's supposed that, when the text is
bigger than the space tha the table has, a new page will be created and a
table is automatically in a neuw page too. The new page apears, the table
also, but in some pages the bottom limit don't.
Have you any suggestions for this problem?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
M. Neves M. Neves is offline

Hello:
Tanks for the help, but the problem is not resolved.
There are pages where the table has a bottom border and other pages where
the same table has no bottom border.
Any way, tanks.
Neves

"M. Neves" wrote in message
Hello:
I've a table tha is in several pages.
At some pages, not at all, can't see the bottom limit of table, I can see
left, top and right, but not bottom. It's supposed that, when the text is
bigger than the space tha the table has, a new page will be created and a
table is automatically in a neuw page too. The new page apears, the table
also, but in some pages the bottom limit don't.
Have you any suggestions for this problem?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

But have you applied a bottom border specifically to the last row on the
page?

"M. Neves" wrote in message
Hello:
Tanks for the help, but the problem is not resolved.
There are pages where the table has a bottom border and other pages where
the same table has no bottom border.
Any way, tanks.
Neves

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" escreveu:

Do you have bottom borders on the cells/rows or just the table? If the
latter, Word can interpret that pretty literally. You'll need to

manually
add a bottom border to the last row on the page.

If you can't see the bottom of a table on the page, it's because you've
inadvertently nudged the table handle and made it wrapped. Go to the

Table
tab of Table Properties and make sure the text wrapping is set to None.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.