Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

Default Table in footer changing width?

4I have another question regarding my large document that I have on Word:

I have a footer set up for document control. There are 4 columns and 2 rows
in this table. The entire time the document is open, the size of the footer
is changing. Only on the right side, it goes left, right, left, right, left,
right. Is there anything I can do to get it to stop? It's quite
irritating!!! Not to mention, it makes scrolling speed delayed BIG TIME!
Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,

Kyle W
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Given that in-page document control has always been a complete waste of
time, simply deleting the table will be the quickest way to solve your
problem. But you probably think the table is essential; in which case, fix
your footer formatting so it doesn't change. Is it really changing size, or
just moving left-right according to your odd/even page margin settings?

"KyleW" wrote in message
4I have another question regarding my large document that I have on Word:

I have a footer set up for document control. There are 4 columns and 2
rows
in this table. The entire time the document is open, the size of the
footer
is changing. Only on the right side, it goes left, right, left, right,
left,
right. Is there anything I can do to get it to stop? It's quite
irritating!!! Not to mention, it makes scrolling speed delayed BIG TIME!
Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,

Kyle W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

Actually, for ISO... it's not a "complete waste of time", it's required.

At any rate, I appreciate your response to my post. And to answer your
question, it is changing left to right on only half of the table and it's
continuous. This meaning that it doesn't stop, even if you change pages. If
you are looking at any single page on the document, it is just switching back
and forth continuously. Hope that helps to get this problem resolved. Thank
you for your help.

--
Regards,

Kyle W

"KyleW" wrote in message
4I have another question regarding my large document that I have on Word:

I have a footer set up for document control. There are 4 columns and 2
rows
in this table. The entire time the document is open, the size of the
footer
is changing. Only on the right side, it goes left, right, left, right,
left,
right. Is there anything I can do to get it to stop? It's quite
irritating!!! Not to mention, it makes scrolling speed delayed BIG TIME!
Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,

Kyle W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Actually, it's NOT required for ISO (assuming you mean 9000, 14000, or their
sundry relatives). That's a consultants' myth. The requirement is that you
control your documents. The standards say nothing whatever about how you do
it. Putting a heap of detail in the header or footer of the document is
neither necessary nor sufficient for the purpose. Page number and date is
all you need in the document. The real control has to be outside separate
anyway.

Sounds like a corrupt table. Delete it and add a new one.

"KyleW" wrote in message
4I have another question regarding my large document that I have on
Word:

I have a footer set up for document control. There are 4 columns and 2
rows
in this table. The entire time the document is open, the size of the
footer
is changing. Only on the right side, it goes left, right, left, right,
left,
right. Is there anything I can do to get it to stop? It's quite
irritating!!! Not to mention, it makes scrolling speed delayed BIG
TIME!
Thanks in advance.
--
Regards,

Kyle W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

An opinion about the purpose of the table isn't what I was asking for. And I
don't feel like I need to explain myself for that. Thanks.

And... I have already figured out how to fix the problem. Thanks anyway.
--
Regards,

Kyle W