Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Find a replace supercript

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Carol, if using the superscript function is goofing up the whole line, I'd
just try typing it somewhere innocuous--say, at the very end of the document.
Then, just type in the normal letters, click the superscript icon, type in
your -1, and then copy what you have typed. Then, go where you want to
insert it, and click paste.
That way, you won't have to worry about superscripting the entire line.

I'm not sure I understood your qeustion, but does that answer it? If not,
please clarify.

Hope this helps.

Paul
"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Try this:
Type and format the text as you want it to appear in the document (incl.
superscript). Then cut or copy the text (to transfer it to the Clipboard).
Select Edit Find and Replace (Ctrl+H).
In the Find what field, type the string you want to replace (i.e. "Km/seg").
In the Replace with field, type "^c" (without the quotes).
Click Replace All.

Note that ^c will use the contents of the Clipboard as the replacement string.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Hi again,

Paul, I wrote already everything and I don't want to change one by one.

Lene, I doesn't work..it copy everything as superscript

Thanks

"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I tested my explanation before posting and the result was OK. I just tested
again and I cannot produce errors in the replacement no matter what I do.

I don't know what causes the problem for you. Could you provide more details?

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

An additional comment:
The problem may be that one could misinterpret my explanation - when you
type the text to copy, only the "-1" must be in superscript, not the entire
string.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_87_] Henk57[_87_] is offline

My guess is that the whole paragraph is formatted as superscript.
Toggle the show/hide button (to show the printing characteres - if
needed) and select the pi-like symbol ("pilcrow") at the end of the
line (this marks the end of the paragraph). Now review your font
settings and if superscript is checked, unchecking shd solve yr
problem.
HTH - Henk

-

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:
-
Try this:
Type and format the text as you want it to appear in the document
(incl.
superscript). Then cut or copy the text (to transfer it to the
Clipboard).
Select Edit Find and Replace (Ctrl+H).
In the Find what field, type the string you want to replace (i.e.
"Km/seg").
In the Replace with field, type "^c" (without the quotes).
Click Replace All.

Note that ^c will use the contents of the Clipboard as the
replacement string.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

"Carol" wrote:
-
Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I
know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the
whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks
---

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Let's start from scratch, since you seem to have misinterpreted previous
answers:

1. Anywhere in the document (at the beginning is easiest), type Km/seg-1 (I
don't think you want a space between "seg" and "-1" if it's an exponent).

2. Select just the -1 and format it as superscript (Ctrl+Shift+= is the
keyboard shortcut for this).

3. Select the entire expression and Cut it to the Clipboard (Ctrl+X).

4. Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog.

5. Type Km/seg in the "Find what" box.

6. In the "Replace with" box, type ^c (which is the code for "Clipboard
contents").

7. Click Replace All.

"Carol" wrote in message
Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Replacing text with the content of the clipboard does just that. If the
action is causing the paragraph to change to superscript then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

"Carol" wrote:

Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I
know how to change the format but it automatically change the
format of the whole line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Hi all,

Thanks for your help, I did work but I don't know why sometime it doesn't
replace all of them and other I replace it by all in suprescrip format. But I
woks better than I though.

Thanks

"Carol" wrote in message
Hi,
How can I replace a combination of normal and superscript text? I know how
to change the format but it automatically change the format of the whole
line.

I want to replace
Km/seg

by: km seg -1(-1 in superscript)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As someone else suggested, if you have inadvertently copied a paragraph mark
to the Clipboard, that could be the problem. Displaying nonprinting
characters makes it easier to avoid this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Let's start from scratch, since you seem to have misinterpreted previous
answers:

1. Anywhere in the document (at the beginning is easiest), type Km/seg-1

(I
don't think you want a space between "seg" and "-1" if it's an

exponent).

2. Select just the -1 and format it as superscript (Ctrl+Shift+= is the
keyboard shortcut for this).

3. Select the entire expression and Cut it to the Clipboard (Ctrl+X).

4. Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog.

5. Type Km/seg in the "Find what" box.

6. In the "Replace with" box, type ^c (which is the code for "Clipboard
contents").

7. Click Replace All.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.