Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon G Sharon G is offline

Default character spacing different between viewing and printing

Hi- In word 2003, I have multiple documents that when I type a word it looks
correct on the screen version but when I print the document, there is an
extra space intermittently in some of the words. I've tried deleting and
retyping the word, which does not work. Any suggestions as to how to correct
this? It is maddening!

Thanks!
--
Sharon G
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this happen with a specific font? Does it happen with the same
letters in a specific font?

Are you using a font from one of those "1500 fonts for $5" packages in
the discount store?

On Sep 18, 3:06*pm, Sharon G
wrote:
Hi- In word 2003, I have multiple documents that when I type a word it looks
correct on the screen version but when I print the document, there is an
extra space intermittently in some of the words. I've tried deleting and
retyping the word, which does not work. Any suggestions as to how to correct
this? It is maddening!

Thanks!
--
Sharon G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon G Sharon G is offline

The font is from the standard Arial 12 that is loaded with MS Word. It is not
happening with any particular letter. One other piece of information is that
it is being typed in a document template set up for a specific outline for a
company policy.

Sharon G

Character Spacing Jnet Page Layout 3 September 10th 08 07:21 AM
Character spacing Journey51 New Users 5 May 18th 07 03:52 PM
Document margins/spacing increase when viewing on different comput Chris Chang Page Layout 6 September 4th 06 05:05 AM
Character Spacing Kristin Page Layout 1 November 3rd 05 06:52 PM
WORD 2003 Line spacing/Viewing/Printing Problem Kym Microsoft Word Help 2 February 7th 05 06:32 PM