Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Notatechie

Default How to apply formatting to all labels in a mail merge document?

I want to make name badges for a conference. I have successfully merged my
(Excel)database with my main (Word 2000)document and have formatted the
mergefields in the first label. How do I apply the same formatting to the
remaining (188) labels without going to each and every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Add a NEXT record field to the start of the first cell. Select the first
cell. Copy to the clipboard. Select the table and paste.
Remove the NEXT record field from the FIRST cell only. Merge away!

Notatechie wrote:
I want to make name badges for a conference. I have successfully
merged my (Excel)database with my main (Word 2000)document and have
formatted the mergefields in the first label. How do I apply the
same formatting to the remaining (188) labels without going to each
and every label?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Tm90YXRlY2hpZQ==?=,

I want to make name badges for a conference. I have successfully merged my
(Excel)database with my main (Word 2000)document and have formatted the
mergefields in the first label. How do I apply the same formatting to the
remaining (188) labels without going to each and every label?

Only Word 2002 and later versions provide a way to automatically copy the
first label to all other labels of the main merge document. In Word 2000 you
have no alternative than copying the first label and pasting over every other
label in the main merge document.

If you're talking about the merge result, then you will need to go to each
label, individually. You can try recording the actions for a single label in a
macro. Depending on what kinds of formatting changes you're making this may or
may not help save time.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org