Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR

Default envelope help

Jay Freedman,
Please refer to a post dated 2-21-2006. In the entry for 2-27-2006 8:04a.m.
you stated the following,
"Getting two envelopes might be a little trickier. The problem is that the
macro now acts as if you pressed the Add to Document button in the Envelopes
dialog, and then prints the envelope along with the rest of the document.
But Word allows only one envelope at a time to be attached to a document; if
you try to hand it another envelope, it will replace the one that's already
there. But if the return envelope always has the same address, then that can
be a separate and unchanging document stored in a file on your disk; the
macro can just open it, print it, and close it before or after dealing with
the main document."

I am having trouble getting the envelope to print properly. The envelope has
the addresses on it, but they are printed on the envelope in a vertical
orientation as opposed to the correct horizontal position. I have tried
resetting the page attributes for this document, etc. Do I need to save the
document as a template instead of a Word document?
Thanks mojr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Hi MoJR,

I have no idea what the problem is, but I strongly doubt that saving
it as a template would have any effect. With some exceptions, a
template is just a document that's used to make more documents -- it
doesn't behave any differently with respect to orientation.

Look at Graham's envelope templates at
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#AirmailTemplate. Comparing them to
your document may show you what you need to do; or you may choose just
to put your address on one of his envelopes and save it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 May 2006 12:41:01 -0700, MoJR
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR

Jay,
Thank you!
mojr

wrote:

[...]

How do I get a No. 6 3/4 envelope to print correctly? HarrietYee Mailmerge 3 May 12th 23 02:52 PM
Envelope Options RLaurel Mailmerge 6 March 8th 06 07:57 AM
Graphic & Envelope Max :) New Users 11 December 9th 05 09:58 AM
Return Address along Left Side of Envelope Jason Roberts Microsoft Word Help 3 May 26th 05 04:48 PM
Envelope Size BK New Users 2 December 17th 04 05:02 PM