Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Balkestamper Balkestamper is offline

Default adding chapter title to the righthand side of each page

Dear,

I am writing my thesis and I would like to add a grey box containing chapter
title or chapter number on to the right-handside of each page.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use a STYLEREF field in the page header. If you want the STYLEREF field to
be outside of the header area but still repeat on each page, be sure to
place it in a frame or text box anchored to the header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Balkestamper" wrote in message
Dear,

I am writing my thesis and I would like to add a grey box containing
chapter
title or chapter number on to the right-handside of each page.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Balkestamper Balkestamper is offline

I am unfamiliar with STYLEREF field. Which steps do I need to take to insert
(per section) a grey box with the chapter number?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Use a STYLEREF field in the page header. If you want the STYLEREF field to
be outside of the header area but still repeat on each page, be sure to
place it in a frame or text box anchored to the header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Balkestamper" wrote in message
Dear,

I am writing my thesis and I would like to add a grey box containing
chapter
title or chapter number on to the right-handside of each page.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Use a STYLEREF field in the page header. If you want the STYLEREF field
be outside of the header area but still repeat on each page, be sure to
place it in a frame or text box anchored to the header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Balkestamper" wrote in message
Dear,

I am writing my thesis and I would like to add a grey box containing
chapter
title or chapter number on to the right-handside of each page.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Insert | Field | StyleRef and select the Chapter Title style. The field -
when anchored to a header or footer - will enter the data from the nearest
occurrence of the style on or preceding the page (though there are switches
you can add to change its behaviour).

Add one anchored to Odd page headers and another mirror image anchored to
Even page headers. Skip the first page header as having both the Chapter
Name and the frames title on the same page is a little overkill.

Terry