Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Grae Grae is offline

Default Spaces after footnotes

Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Spaces after footnotes

Hi Graeme,

I can definitely help you with that! The large space between footnotes and the bottom of the page is actually the default setting in Word. However, you can easily adjust it to your liking by following these steps:
  1. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Footnotes" section.
  3. In the "Footnote and Endnote" window that appears, click on the "Layout" tab.
  4. Under "Footnotes," you will see a section labeled "Footnote layout." Here, you can adjust the "Footnote separator" and "Footnote continuation separator" to your liking.
  5. To remove the large space between footnotes and the bottom of the page, simply change the "Footnote separator" to "None."
  6. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save your changes.

That's it! Your footnotes should now appear without the large space at the bottom of the page. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Grae Grae is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already had the footnotes set to Bottom of
page. I fiddled with the bottom page margin and that helped. I checked the
footer and it does not appear to be overlapping with the white space. I still
however have a white space of about 1-1.5 lines which should not be there
given the margin setting.

Graeme.

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pascal[_2_] Pascal[_2_] is offline

Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to know if you managed to find a solution to problem of the
blank below the footnotes. Thanks a lot in advance

Pascal V.

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Don't know all that you've explored, but if there is anything in the footer
area, make sure that the footer spacing (From edge: Footer) in Page Setup -
Layout tab is not set larger than needed.

The other setting that might be giving you too much space is if the
footnote's paragraph After spacing is set too high (Format - Paragraph -
After), or if the line spacing has a multiple setting (Format - Paragraph -
Line spacing).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and
the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pascal[_2_] Pascal[_2_] is offline

Thanks Herb. Just to be sure, I went through the procedures you gave but
they're all normal. The blank space appeared while I was working on the
format of the tables in my document. The spacing kept increasing. Thanks in
advance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space
is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not
help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne,

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and
the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The more I hear, the more I think the document may be corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the
space
is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not
help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne,

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes
and
the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] phillip.l.sublett@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, February 2, 2009 3:38:01 PM UTC-8, Grae wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

In View:Outline mode, select View:Footnotes, and go through the Footnote Separator, Footnote Continuation Separator, and Footnote Continuation Notice formats from the pull-down list, and make sure each one does not have any extra paragraph returns at the bottom. I tried that, and it removed the extra spaces from the bottom of all my footnotes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ashwanikumardogra@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 7:31:22 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, February 2, 2009 3:38:01 PM UTC-8, Grae wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

In View:Outline mode, select View:Footnotes, and go through the Footnote Separator, Footnote Continuation Separator, and Footnote Continuation Notice formats from the pull-down list, and make sure each one does not have any extra paragraph returns at the bottom. I tried that, and it removed the extra spaces from the bottom of all my footnotes.

Thanks philip it worked for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] maubug@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 12:31:22 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, February 2, 2009 3:38:01 PM UTC-8, Grae wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

In View:Outline mode, select View:Footnotes, and go through the Footnote Separator, Footnote Continuation Separator, and Footnote Continuation Notice formats from the pull-down list, and make sure each one does not have any extra paragraph returns at the bottom. I tried that, and it removed the extra spaces from the bottom of all my footnotes.

Thanks, Phillip, it also worked for me!
Best, Mauricio