Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gerry Cornell Gerry Cornell is offline

Default Word 2000 and Windows Vista

Are there any compatibility issues using Word 2000 with Windows Vista?

TIA

--

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A KB article is currently being prepared, but the gist of it is:

- Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 and Office 2007 are supported on
Windows Vista.
- Office 2000 and Office XP have entered Extended Support, and will not be
updated to enable them to work better on Vista. So while these versions of
Office are supported, there will likely be some issues. Both Office and
Windows did test those releases; so they do run on Vista.
- Office 2003 will have another service pack. So there will likely be some
fixes in SP3 to address some compatibility issues.
- Office 2007 includes some feature enhancements specifically for Vista,
and is the version of Office that will work best on Vista as it has seen the
most testing on that version of Windows. Office 2007 will have the best
compatibility with Vista.

It has been reported that you cannot use Office 2000 with Outlook 2000 in
Vista.

"Gerry Cornell" wrote in message
Are there any compatibility issues using Word 2000 with Windows Vista?

TIA

--

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gerry Cornell Gerry Cornell is offline

Suzanne

Thanks for your information.

The problem with Outlook 2000 was the reason I have asked the
question. I do have the programme but it is not used. In any event one
can use Vista Mail, although I have no understanding whether this will
offer a better or lesser service than Outlook 2000.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~